With so much competition out there, it’s little wonder that many restaurant owners are forced to close their businesses within the first year of being open.
However, all hope isn’t lost. For those restaurant owners that can keep their customers and attract regular footfall to their doors, the chances of business success can be multiplied.
If you’re a restaurant owner and in need of more customers, these are some of the steps you should take.
#1: Ensure a positive customer experience
If your customers enjoy their time at your restaurant, they are more likely to…
- Make a return visit
- Make recommendations to family and friends
- Leave positive reviews about your business online
To ensure a positive customer experience, there is much you can do.
You can make their time in your restaurant a pleasant one by…
- Improving customer service
- Serving food that exceeds your customer’s culinary expectations
- Providing live entertainment
- Streaming restaurant background music for every mood
- Making sure food is served to your customers in a timely manner
Get together with your team and discuss these and other ways to ensure a positive customer experience.
#2: Increase your marketing
Marketing does not begin and end with a menu board outside of your restaurant premises. There is much more you can do, as we’re sure you know already.
You can increase your marketing by…
- Posting pictures of your best dishes on social media sites (especially Instagram)
- Incentivising your customers to share pictures of their meals with their social media networks
- Spreading word online and off of any discounts and ‘buy one get one free’ deals you are offering
- Encouraging your customers to leave positive reviews online
- Using local SEO to improve your website’s page ranking
There is much more you can do, of course. Check out these restaurant marketing strategies for further advice and then take the appropriate next steps after reading.
#3: Be better than the competition
It stands to reason that your restaurant will attract more customers if it has more to offer than the food businesses owned by your rivals.
The first thing you need to do is check out the competition. What are they doing well? And what are they doing badly? By finding out more about them, you will be in a better position to make the appropriate changes within your restaurant.
For example, you could…
- Create more menu items for customers with specific tastes or dietary requirements
- Hold themed events at certain times of the year, such as Valentine’s Day and Halloween
- Do more for charity as this will improve your brand image
- Excell in every area of your business, with better customer service, better food, and a better dining experience
- Alter your pricing to offer ensure value for money
Be sure to keep an eye on your competition after taking such steps as they may well try to fight back by bettering their own restaurants to steal away your customers.
Success isn’t always guaranteed in business but you shouldn’t assume you are doomed to failure. If you can do more to attract customers to your restaurant, you should increase your profit margin and have the means to improve and grow your business.
We wish you every success!