Mario Carrozzo is the founder and CEO of Caridon Property, a market-leading company that operates with a special focus on social housing, providing housing for vulnerable tenants and young people. This article will look at the Croydon Business Excellence Awards, a black-tie event where Mario Carrozzo was recognised as Entrepreneur of the Year in 2017.
Staged at Croydon’s Grand Sapphire Hotel, the Croydon Business Excellence Awards is a black-tie evening staged to celebrate the achievements of local businesses. The 2017 edition saw a record-breaking 85 firms shortlisted. More than 200 local businesses entered the event, representing a 50% increase on entrants the previous year.
Ross Sturley of Chart Lane business consultants served as an independent adjudicator at the Croydon Business Excellence Awards 2017 and was responsible for drawing up the shortlist. Speaking about the event, he reflected that the awards go from strength to strength, indicating that the entries were even harder to judge than those submitted the previous year, with quality improving across the board. Mr Sturley said it was particularly good to see the entries in the new women and business and cultural impact categories, acknowledging that there were some amazing stories.
Compered by award-winning sports commentator and comedian Kevin Day, The Croydon Business Excellence Awards 2017 welcomed more than 450 people from the local community, treating guests to a first-class three-course meal with wine, followed by entertainment and music from a live band. In addition to Mario Carrozzo winning the awards’ Entrepreneur of the Year category, Caridon Property was nominated for a Best SME Business Award, while Sherrelle Collman of Caridon Landlord Solutions was nominated for a Women in Business Award at the event.
The sold-out event celebrated the achievements and successes of Croydon’s ambitious business community with a fantastic evening of dinner, entertainment, live music and dancing. Speeches were made by Cllr Toni Lets, Mayor of Croydon, and Cllr Mark Watson, Cabinet Member for Economy and Jobs, who reflected on the borough’s high growth.
In a press release published on its website, Caridon Property reflected on its CEO’s win in the Entrepreneur of the Year category, with Mario Carrozzo having been honoured with the title not once but twice previously. At the awards ceremony, Mr Carrozzo gave a moving speech, dedicating the award to his parents and recognising that the journey of an entrepreneur starts at birth and has a lot to do with circumstances.
Having established a strong reputation for efficiency and service, Caridon Property is recognised industrywide today, with the company having been honoured with numerous coveted awards and accolades over the years, including:
- Corporate Social Responsibility Gold Accreditation from CSRA (2022)
- ESG Compliant Independent Validation (2022)
- Bronze Award in the Community Champion of the Year category at The Negotiator Awards (2022)
- Silver Award in the Community Champion of the Year category at The Negotiator Awards (2021)
- Gold Award in the Best Letting Agent in the South East category as voted for by tenants at the ESTAS Awards (2021)
- Top Ten Property Specialists (Mario Carrozzo CEO) from The Property Investor Magazine (2021)
- Gold Award in the Best Letting Agent in the South East category as voted for by tenants at the ESTAS Awards (2019)
- Commitment to the Community Award at the Croydon Business Excellence Awards (2019)
- Commendation for Happiest Workplace at the National Happiness Awards (2017)
- Making a Difference Award from the London Landlord Accreditation Scheme (2016)
- Commitment to the Community Award at the Croydon Business Excellence Awards (2016)
- Best Letting Agency to Work For Award at the Letting Agency Awards (2015)
- Best Service Provider in the Private Rented Housing Sector Award from the UK Landlord Accreditation Partnership (2014)