Creating your own website can be rewarding, but it can also be difficult, especially with security becoming a primary concern amongst online bloggers and entrepreneurs. While online publishing software and content management systems (CMS) like WordPress make it easier for both experts and novices to operate a website, users can still run into configuration and security issues that are difficult to overcome. Managed WordPress hosting services can help you to run a successful site, taking care of all the nitty-gritty so that you can focus on growing your online presence.
The Benefits of Managed Hosting
These days, more and more website owners are choosing to hire the help of professionally managed hosting services. While hosting services can be pricey, they also help you to operate your site without any stress or hassle. While managed WordPress hosting services aren’t essential to maintaining a website, they allow you to improve your website in several ways:
- Faster speed:Chances are, your computer isn’t optimised to handle large volumes of web traffic, which can slow down the performance of your website. Hosting services that are configured for WordPress have servers that able to handle traffic with ease.
- Stronger security:With a hosting service, you can rest easy knowing that your data is in safe hands. The best services scan your site for malware and block all hacking attempts, including password-guessing attacks and taking advantage of vulnerable plugins.
- Premium support:Hosting services for WordPress offer comprehensive support which is often superior to WordPress itself, giving you access to expert advice when you need it the most.
- Data backup: Your managed hosting service will back up all of your data on a regular basis, ensuring that you don’t lose any valuable information. You can also revert to old data if you make a mistake when updating your site.
- Automatic updates:Managed hosting services help you to stay up to date with the latest Wordpress upgrades, which include improvements to security and new user features.
- Greater capacity:Your site will be able to handle more traffic without slowing or going down, so you don’t have to worry about lost views.
The Top Managed Hosting Services
There are thousands of managed hosting services out there, so how do you know which to choose? It’s important to find a service that offers the services you need, round-the-clock support, and is within your price range. There are a few managed WordPress hosting services that stand out from the rest with regards to quality service and customer satisfaction:
● DreamHost: For almost 20 years, this service has aimed to make website creation easy and accessible. DreamHost offers unlimited space, unlimited bandwidth and free SSDs that can make your site run up to 200% faster.
● SiteGround: If you’re looking for a greater level of control over your website, this service has fewer restrictions than other managed hosting services and offers fast servers, 24/7 support, automatic updates, free backups, professional developer tools.
● WP Engine: This service specialises in secure, hassle-free hosting that includes automatic security updates, daily backups, one-click restore points, and more.
● Bluehost: This popular service is a little more expensive than other hosting options, but the offer premium security, unmetered bandwidth, and round-the-clock support.