There have been some big changes in how estate agents market property of recent years from the introduction of the internet as a standard means of research for consumers to the ever evolving major property portals such as Rightmove and Zoopla. The ability to display property listings to a massive online audience has without doubt helped existing agencies and eased the formation of new agencies. This though has removed the identity online of the agents, the public just viewing property on the major portals and making contact with the agent who has the property they are after.
With the new addition to online marketing, social media for estate agents, there is a new way in which gives agencies an indentity online with platforms such as Twitter, facebook and Pinterest. As the trend in using social media as a search engine, internet users are now able to explore not only the stock which each agency holds, but also gain an understanding of the character and values each holds – This more evident with agencies correctly using social media and sharing relevant local news and information.
Some top tips for estate agents on social media include:
- Make sure your profiles are all 100% and similar across all platforms in use.
- Update accounts daily with Educational, Entertaining and Engaging content.
- Use other media forms such as photos and videos to compliment updates.
- Use HashTags to increase chances of being found on social media.
- Interact with other users of social media – Share / like / comment on updates.
- Be responsive sooner rather than later – Do not let questions go unanswered.
- Think about running competitions and giveaways.
- Use social media management softwares to schedule in updates if haven’t time to update during the day.
- Showcase you are on social media to others. Display logos on website, business cards, boards, emails etc.
- Research trends and external applications that help to gather and use data collected from social media.